Dueling Grounds Distillery
Legal Sea Foods is proud to partner with Dueling Grounds Distillery to bring you bourbon-forward recipes that pair with our fresh-frozen seafood. Dueling Grounds is a small craft Bourbon Distillery located in Franklin, KY and the proud makers of award winning Linkumpinch Bourbon and other craft spirits. You can visit them on The Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour for a tour and tasting!
All these recipes below contain alcohol. They should never be served to minors. Be careful around open flame with bourbon or any alcohol. It will ignite if not properly handled.
Mint Julep Sauce
Use as a drizzle over your choice of Legal's seafood. Pairs especially well with scallops.
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons of Linkumpinch Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar or stevia
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or small blender.
- Process until everything is combined and the mint is finely chopped.
- Heat over low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- If you want a little thicker consistency, use a small amount (1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of flour.
Bourbon Butter Sauce
Use as a dipping sauce for shrimp or cook shrimp in the sauce for a buttery bourbon flavor.
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar or stevia
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/3 cup Linkumpinch Bourbon
- Combine all and warm.
- Sweeten to taste.
- Thicken with a small bit of flour if desired.
Bourbon Cream Sauce
Use this sauce over crab cakes or salmon for a creamy twist.
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of Linkumpinch Bourbon
- Combine the oil, garlic, tomato paste and crushed bouillon over low heat and cook to blend the ingredients.
- Add the cream and then the bourbon.
- Bring to a low boil and stir continuously.
- Reduce the sauce until it has a nice creamy texture.
Sriracha Bourbon Shrimp
This sauce works well as a drizzle or dip for any kind of seafood and adds a spicy kick.
- 12 Legal Sea Foods Colossal Naked Shrimp
- 2 Oz Linkumpinch Bourbon
- 2 Oz sriracha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic to taste
- Lime juice
- 1 tbs or butter or olive oil
- Combine the bourbon, sriracha, salt, pepper, garlic and lime and mix well with a fork.
- Melt the butter or pour olive oil in a pan. Add shrimp and cook until the outside turns just a little pink.
- Add the sauce and cook until the shrimp are done.
Smoked Bourbon Salmon
This recipe uses a smoker to bring out all that bourbon goodness and infuses it into the salmon.
- 2 pieces of Legal Sea Foods Salmon
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz apple juice
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Combine bourbon, apple juice and brown sugar and mix well.
- Place the fish in a plastic bag and add the marinade.
- Marinate overnight.
- Smoke the fish at low temp 180-200 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Test to be sure the fish is done.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.