This low-carb, keto-friendly Portobello mushroom pizza cuts calories, not flavors! Topped with Legal Sea Foods succulent organic salmon and with a vibrant homemade basil and dill pesto, this pizza is a scrumptious and wholesome meal option. Flavor-packed and light, lunchtime has never looked more tempting!
Brought to you by @chicagolovespanini
- 2 Legal Sea Foods Organic Salmon Filets, thawed as per package instructions, skin removed, and hand-torn or cut into 1/2in thick slices
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stems and gills removed
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella, hand-torn
- 2 roasted red peppers (can be from a jar), cleaned, pat dried, and cut lengthwise into strips
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves, packed, stems removed + extra for decoration
- 1/2 cup dill leaves, packed, stems removed
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Italian hard cheese (such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano/Toscano) + extra for decoration
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + extra for coating the baking pan, if applicable, and for brushing the mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to Place pizza stone in the oven to preheat, if using one.
- To make pesto, place basil, dill, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor or in the container of a handheld Pulse until combined. Add Italian hard cheese of choice, and pulse a few more times. Pour oil in a slow steady stream while continuing to pulse, until the mixture is creamy and homogeneous, scraping down the sides of the food processor/container with a spatula from time to time to ensure even blending. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush mushrooms with oil, and place them on an oiled baking pan or on the preheated pizza stone, if using one. Spread a layer of pesto on each mushroom. Top evenly with mozzarella, chives, oregano, peppers, salmon, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until salmon turns opaque. Remove from oven and top with extra pesto, grated Italian cheese, and basil Add lemon juice too, if preferred. Serve hot with a salad of choice. Store leftover pesto tightly sealed in the fridge for 1-2 days.