Sweet and succulent lobster tails are fried in an airy tempura batter that will surprise and delight your guests.
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 Tbs chives
- lemon rind, sliced
- Canola oil for frying
Lemon Aioli Ingredients:
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 Tbs mayo
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Mix all ingredients in bowl and set aside.
Tempura Batter Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold club soda
Combine first four ingredients, whisk in cold soda last.
- Steam or boil lobster tails.
- Split lobster tails lengthwise and remove from shell.
- Split each half into half again (each lobster tail gets you 4 pieces).
- Heat oil to 350⁰ in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Dredge lobster pieces in batter.
- Place in hot oil and fry for two minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.