Crunchy crostini and perfectly seared wagyu fillet are paired in this decadent appetizer, perfect for special occasions.
- 2 Wagyu filets
- 1 baguette
- 6 oz Manchego cheese
- 12 cherry pepper rings
Horseradish Mayo Ingredients:
- 2 oz horseradish
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chives, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Shallot Confit Spread Ingredients:
- 8 oz peeled shallots
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 spring thyme
Cover shallots with olive oil and bake in covered oven proof dish. Bake until golden and soft - about 2 hours.
- Season & sear filet medium rare.
- Slice each filet into 12 slices.
- Slice baguette into thin slices.
- Top baguette with Manchego cheese and bake in oven till toasted.
- On each slice of baguette, spread shallot confit, sliced filet topped with sea salt, horseradish mayo and cherry pepper ring.