Kick your spaghetti dish up a notch with our Colossal Naked Shrimp and red chili flakes! Sure to wake up those tastebuds and mix up your normal dinner routine.
Brought to you by @neshelle_kitchen.
- 1 lb thick spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 lb Colossal Naked Shrimp
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup quality dry white wine
- 28 oz can premium roma tomatoes, crushed
- Fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Begin by boiling a pot of water. Once boiling, season generously with salt and cook the spaghetti al dente according to the package's recommendations.
- In a separate, large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the finely diced shallot, sautéing until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Introduce the colossal shrimp to the skillet, cooking each side until they adopt a rosy pink hue, approximately 3-4 minutes in total.
- Infuse the skillet with minced garlic and red chili flakes, allowing them to release their aromas for about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in the white wine, letting it simmer for 1-2 minutes to burn off the alcohol.
- Add the crushed roma tomatoes, allowing the mixture to simmer and thicken for about 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in the al dente spaghetti, ensuring it's well-coated in the luscious sauce.
- Plate promptly, garnishing with fresh basil and a twist of black pepper.