Try this simple yet elegant Cod Peperonata recipe for your next dinner party or cozy dinner at home. Easy, bright, flavorful and exciting, you won't be disappointed.
Brought to you by @natalialeporehagan.
- 2 Cod Loins
- ½ lb pasta of choice
- 3 Red peppers of any variety thinly sliced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh and chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 dried calabrian chilies (or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 1 Tablespoon sherry Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Heat a large pan with deep edges to medium heat
- Add a Tablespoon of Olive Oil, sliced garlic, and calabrian chilies and stir until fragrant
- Add onions to the mixture and season with salt, let the onions sweat until translucent
- Add red peppers and sherry vinegar plus half of the oregano and cook until the peppers are soft
- Once soft, take out about a half a cup of pepper and onion mixture and add to a blender with some pasta cooking water and blend until smooth.
- Pour in tomato puree and blender peppers and onions and cook down for about 15 minutes
- Taste and season with salt
- Season cod with salt and pepper and gently lay them on top of tomato sauce. Cover and cook until flakey , about 5-8 minutes
- Break apart the cod and stir into the sauce
- Take pasta straight from the water into the sauce and stir over medium heat
- Plate with the remaining fresh oregano and enjoy!