The super trendy avocado toast gets a seafood makeover with the addition of tender, succulent, buttery lobster. Delightful root veggies and apples make this avo toast wholesome, nutrient-packed, and impossible to resist.
Recipe by: @chicagolovespanini
- 1/2 cup Legal Sea Foods Maine Lobster Meat, thawed as per package instructions
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Legal Sea Foods Roasted Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 tbsp Legal Sea Foods lemon mayo
- 1 tbsp grated Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp grated celery root
- 1 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tsp drained nonpareil capers
- 1 slice bread of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill, for decoration
- In a small bowl, mix grated apple, celery root, carrot, and chopped chives with mayo until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mash the avocado using a fork. Squeeze lemon juice over the avocado. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tsp butter in a pan or in the microwave. Brush the bread with melted butter on both sides, and place on a pre-heated grill pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden, turning half-way through. Place bread on a serving plate.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium-size pan. Add lobster, and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, or until shiny and fragrant.
- Add toppings on bread in this order: avocado; apple, celery root and carrot mixture; lobster; capers. Squeeze lemon juice over the top. Decorate with dill.
- Toast is best enjoyed when lobster is served very warm, just taken out of the pan.