These Mini Beef Wellingtons are a centerpiece dish made with tender, Cajun spiced beef filet mignon from Legal Sea Foods Online Shop, savory duxelle, prosciutto, and puff pastry. Cooking mini beef wellingtons following the directions and tips below has never been more straightforward and easy!
Brought to you by @c.health.and.wellness
- 4 beef filet mignons from Legal Sea Foods Online Shop
- 2 tbsp Legal Sea Foods Online Shop's Cajun spice
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 12 pieces proscuitto
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- Mushroom deuxelle: 2 lbs mushrooms (I used shiitake for more unami flavor)
- 2 tbsp Legal Sea Foods Online Shop's garlic compound butter
- 1/2 cup chestnuts (optional)
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 1 large sheet seaweed (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 egg yolks (egg wash)
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Over high heat, coat a pan with butter . Add Legal Sea Foods Online Shop's Cajun seasoning generously over filet mignons. Sear the beef filet mignons 1 minute on each side. Let cool and refrigerate.
- In a food processor, add mushrooms, chestnuts, herbs, and shallots to make duxelle. To a skillet, add Legal Sea Foods Online Shop's compound butter, cook duxelles until all liquid evaporates. Let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat your oven (425F) or air fryer (400F) for 10 minutes.
- Lay out a layer of prosciutto twice the length of your filet mignon. I used three pieces of prosciutto for each filet. Add a thin layer of your duxelle.
- Take out your chilled filet mignons from the refrigerator and coat with mustard. Roll your filet mignon into prosciutto mushroom mixture using plastic wrap.
- Add a layer of sweet potato on the top of your prosciutto wrapped filet mignon. Place in the refrigerator to help maintain shape for 20 minutes.
- Roll your filet mignon in puff pastry. You can create a design by lightly scoring the top of the puff pastry or cutting strips of 3/4 inch puff pastry to create a cross section.
- Brush on your egg yolk. Cook puff pastry until golden and internal temperature reaches 105F. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Cooking the mushrooms until they form a paste like texture evaporating all the water is key. Use a cheesecloth to remove any extra moisture from your cooked duxelle. If you skip this step, you may be left with a soggy beef wellington.
- A good sear on your beef filet mignon will hold the juices from spilling out into your puff pastry. Sear your beef for 1 minute on each side, and chill in the refrigerator to prevent over cooking your beef filet mignon for at least one hour. Leave overnight if possible.
- Wrap your beef wellington tight in puff pastry and let your mini beef wellingtons chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Wrap in prosciutto to prevent beef juices from soaking into your puff pastry.
- Have more puff pastry and prosciutto than you think to ensure your filet mignon is fully covered.