A break from the ordinary that’s sure to wow a crowd, this salmon and scallop fried rice is full of delicious vegetables, pan seared scallops and flaked salmon.
Brought to you by @whatalexiscooked
Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 12 dry day boat sea scallops
- 2 organic salmon filets (6 ounce each)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups cooked rice, cold
- 3 green onions, sliced and green parts only
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet and sauté the scallops until they start to brown, one to two minutes total. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe out pan and heat another ½ tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Cook the salmon filets for about five minutes on each side. Remove from pan and use a fork to flake into pieces, set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium heat add the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in the carrots, corn and peas and cook through.
- Add in the rice, reserved sauce, scallops and salmon. Mix and heat through.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onion.