Top these Legal Sea Foods scallops over some smoked pork belly burnt ends. This is a true flavor combination that is unbelievably delicious and a must try!
Brought to you by @baileysbackyardbbq
- Legal Sea Foods Dry Day Boat Sea Scallops
- Legal Sea Foods Garlic Herb Butter
- Pork belly
- Hot Crispy or Hot Chili Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
Pork Belly Instructions:
- Cube up a pork belly in 1x1 size pieces.
- Smoke these at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
- Place them into a disposable aluminum tray along with butter, honey, and some brown sugar.
- Continue to cook these for 2-3 hours or until they are as tender as can be.
- These can be made in an oven as well.
- Heat up half a stick of butter, as it starts to melt add in 2 tbd of Hot Crispy Oil.
- Stir and mix this as it heats up to form a sauce.
- After defrosting the legal seafood scallops, open the bag and place them on a cutting board.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel. Once they are dry, cut or trim off the side muscles of the scallops. Season one side of the scallops with salt & pepper.
- Heat up a cast iron pan (or frying pan) with a neutral smoking point oil such as avocado oil. Get the pan scorching hot (around 450 degrees).
- Place the seasoned side of the scallops on the pan. While they are sizzling, season the other side with salt & pepper.
- After 2 minutes, flip the scallops and add the garlic herb compound butter to the pan. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until desired temperature.
- For the Scallop & Burnt End recipe: place a burnt end on a plate, followed by stacking a scallop on top of it. Drizzle the hot crispy oil butter sauce over the creation and enjoy.