Colossal Shrimp from @shoplegalseafoods took these shrimp tacos to a whole new level of flavor!
Brought to you by @baileysbackyardbbq
- 1 lb Legal Sea Foods Colossal Naked Shrimp
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice from 4 limes
- Cole slaw mix
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, chili powder
- Corn tortillas
- Cotija Cheese for topping
- Avocado for spread
- Peel off the tails of the shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, & chili powder (any blackening seasoning or chili lime will also work well).
- Cook the shrimp for a few minutes per side on a hot griddle or pan, flip after 2-3 minutes or to desired taste.
- Toast Corn Tortillas on the pan or griddle that was used.
Spicy Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Place the cilantro, green onions, olive oil, garlic cloves, sour cream and lime juice into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Combine about half of the spicy garlic cilantro lime sauce in a bowl with the coleslaw mix, and coat thoroughly.
- Separately, mash the avocados to make a spread.
- Place the toasted corn tortillas on a plate. Layer them with the avocado spread, slaw mix, blackened shrimp, and top with cotija cheese.
- Finish these off with a drizzle of the leftover spicy garlic cilantro lime sauce.